Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Makes Sense to Me

In between naps, treatments, and making bracelets, Dalton and I do actually spend quite a bit of time talking. We talk about all sorts of things; life, transplant, school, work, death, family, love. Nothing slips under the radar. But yesterday, Dalton and I were talking and after the conversation I just couldn't stop thinking about what we talked about, in fact, it has been on my mind since.
No matter where we are, I almost always have my phone with me. I feel that it is how I stay connected with the world. I can easily access facebook, I can call anyone, if someone buys a bracelet I can take their credit card information and send it straight to my bank account, I can literally do anything with the touch of a few buttons. While sitting down about to eat Dalton picked up my phone and said this isn't reality. I was so confused. What was he talking about? But the more he talked, the more I realized he was right. Nothing exists outside of what we can touch and see and feel. Nothing. Sure it's out there, but it doesn't exist. It isn't here, I am not experiencing it, therefore why does it matter. Honestly, the only thing that should matter is what is happening in the here and now. Even God can't go back and change the past and nobody seriously knows what is going to happen in the future. The only thing that is for sure, the only thing we are 110% certain is happening is what is going on right in front of our faces. Why do we spend so much time on our phones looking at facebook? Why does it matter? The pictures and comments that we see on there are completely irrelevant to our lives and what is going on in the here and now, what is going on in real time where you are.
<3 -Katie

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more! Cherish you're time spent together, but I'm sure no one has to tell you that. Glad you two are doing well.

    ReplyDelete