Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Growing Up

I am so glad that my parents never sheltered me while I was growing up. In fact, I didn't really tell anyone I had CF unless they asked or needed to know and well now that it's obvious something is wrong (via the oxygen tank) it's hard to hide. Some parents shield their Cf kids from things and it's a shame. I lived a normal life and still do! I did what I
wanted in regards to sports, hanging out with friends, etc. I truly feel sorry for the children whose parents pity them and use Cf as a crutch. If anything my mom and dad taught me to be a stronger person because of it and never let it get me down. I will admit, and this is hard for me, there was a time when I was really sad because of how sick I was getting and I was living out of state and nowhere near my parents and I was a mess. Now that I'm home I spend my time trying to be closer with my parents and let them know how much I truly appreciate them. My mom and dad have always been my two strongest supporters and I can honestly say that without their push I wouldn't be half the person I am today. They are amazing and I'm so blessed that they didn't pity me or allow me to feel sick. I am who I am because of them and wouldn't change a thing. I Love you mom and dad! -Katie, Kate, Sissy, Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment