Wednesday, June 12, 2013

DENIED!

Well, the thing I have been working on since April is DONE. OVER. Cigna, Daltons primary insurance, finally DENIED lung transplant services which is a BLESSING!! I am so happy to be done with them! I have been fighting for 2 very long months and it is finally over. Daltons mom took him off of her plan and thankfully I never have to deal with that insurance company ever ever again! This makes the process move a lot faster and we are now working with Medicare to approve the lung transplant process.
More awesome news, Dalton is off all of his pain medicine and he is doing so much better. Things were getting really rough there for a while to the point of I was unsure if I was going to be with him much longer. Everyone started noticing how fast he was decreasing and I was getting worried. But now, he has been off his pain medicine for 4 weeks on Sunday and he is so much better now than he has been in atleast 6 months. He is gaining weight and he just looks good and he even acts and feels good. I am just really happy with that.
We have a clinic appointment tomorrow, and I am anticipating IVs but I do NOT want to go into the hospital. My fevers are still coming and going but I want to stay out and enjoy Fathers Day weekend with my dad this weekend.
Love to all of you and thank you to all of our faithful readers! -Katie

1 comment:

  1. I just cannot believe that someone can sit there and deny this. I wonder how they would handle things if it was their loved one:( I was just so mad when I heard this!! I guess I am still a little bitter!

    BUT, thank God that you had others to fall back on! This is just a little bump in the road to those new lungs!

    I am so happy to hear that Dalton is doing good, relatively speaking. And Miss Katie, I hope they will get you something today at clinic to get you feeling a little better as well!

    I love you both very much!! Hang in there you two:) We have your backs here in St. Louis!

    Love,
    Aunt Tammy

    ReplyDelete