Saturday, January 24, 2015

New Drugs!

So, for the longest time, I have prayed for this. Before I met Dalton, before I got oxygen, before I was referred to the lung transplant program, I prayed for this. Now, it is finally happening! No, this isn't a cure, but this medicine will help patients with Cystic Fibrosis more than it ever has before!!! I urge you to check out the link!

http://www.cff.org/pipeline_mobile/details.cfm?id=86

The new drug will help CF patients with double deltaf508 (my mutation) to tackle the problem at the cellular level. Pretty awesome news.

I'm still waiting on anything to be done with my insurance so I really have no clue what's going to happen. Even if I do get insurance back, I might try to stick it out to wait for this new medicine. I realize I'm really sick and this may not help me, but I'm willing to try anything before I get a transplant.

I'm sure some of you don't know, but with transplant, you're basically trading one disease for another. Sure, you may be able to breathe but there is so much that comes with getting any kind of organ transplant. What some of uou may not know is that you're even at a higher risk to get Cancer. (One of my CF friends is currently battling that).

A lot of people don't understand this but... Transplant Is Not A Cure.
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment