Thursday, December 4, 2014

Katie Update

Update on Katie (me): I am being discharged from the hospital on Saturday. My mom is coming up tomorrow and then we will be let loose on Saturday around noon. They are stopping all antibiotics and are just going to let me go home for a few days. My goal is to be able to stay home for a week. I'm not being discharged because I'm healthy, I'm being discharged because there's just nothing more they can do here medically to make any improvements on my health status. I'm on a lot more oxygen and get tired really easy so I won't be going out of my house very much, but at least I will be at HOME. Dalton's mom and grandma are here being his caregivers since I am not allowed to be around him, so no worries there. 
Another thing is that I am having insurance problems right now. As of this moment, I'm not on the transplant list. I have exhausted my first insurance and now am waiting, waiting, waiting for my second insurance to make up their minds. There are a lot of people working on it. There is even a lawyer working on my case in Chicago, which I thought was pretty cool!! I rarely do this, but please pray I can get back on the list soon. I really need these lungs. I want a second chance. I want to grow old with my sweet husband. I want to do so many more things. Like I always say, "I'm not praying for someone to die, I'm praying that when God takes them, they will have chose to be an organ donor". Thank you all for your love and prayers. You will never know how much they mean to Dalton and myself. -Katie

#PrayersforthePragers

No comments:

Post a Comment