Monday, August 17, 2015

Wow!

I haven't updated my blog in so so long. Since I've updated back in June there have been so much that has went on. Let me update!
Sometime in June I became unable to breathe and was put on the ventilator. On July 9th, I received my life saving double lung transplant. The road to recovery has been hard ever since. It's been a month and a half and I still don't know what it's like to breathe well. I've went back to the OR a few times. I have a wound vac on my chest because I had an infection and I wasn't healing. I have also dealt with pneumonia. I went down to two chest tubes but now have three (I got a new one yesterday). I am back in the ICU and have been since yesterday. I hope to get back up to the 9th floor tomorrow afternoon or the next day. I was hoping to get out of the hospital by my birthday but unless something drastic happens, I won't be. I ask everyday to go home and they keep saying I'll make it but I'm not sure I'm believing them anymore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment