Monday, August 19, 2013

A Lesson Learned

I have learned a valuable lesson after the influence of recent months. A lesson a lot of people learn a little too late, if at all. I do not claim to know the secret to happiness, not by a long shot. I have, however, discovered that if you wish to be happy, there is one skill that is absolutely vital for you to obtain: the ability to let that which does not matter truly slide. Someone insults you? Be amused. Your kids are bothering you? Give them ten minutes of fun attention. Hate the way you look today? Accept yourself, because anyone who cares already has.
Save your worries, because believe you me, your life can go from boring or inconvenient to the scariest horror show you've never yet seen. I know, it's difficult to learn life lessons through word of mouth. I always have to learn the hard way. I guess it's from being so hard headed all the time. Hopefully there are some wise people out there who can glean a little something from this. -Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment